Sunday, January 25, 2009

Photo boxes for cancer patients

My father died of colon cancer four years ago and now my mom has been diagnosed with bone cancer last year she is going to be 51 this year.
I found a wonderful women who makes photo box for cancer patients who are undergoing treatment, free of charge. Here is the beautiful box she made for my mom.
Here is her story of how she got started. It is such a touching story.There is also information on her blog If you would like to order one for a family member or loved one who has cancer.

2 comments:

Debra said...

What a wonderful concept. I lost my mom when she was 55 due to a reaction to chemo. I feel for you personally.
I know how much my mom appreciated the unexpected gifts people made her - one heart shaped pillow I still have today. Thanks for posting about this .....

silverhartgirl said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a parent at any age.

Thank you so much for your kind words.